Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And it ends just like it began..

...with rain. On our last day here it has been raining ever since I woke up this morning. I am ready for some Michigan sunshine :) Since I heard about all of the super nice weather over there. It has been a wonderful trip though, even with all of the rain and cooler weather. I have had my share of wonderful experinces and would definatly recommend coming here to anyone. If I would have to pick a few of my favortie things to do here (in no particular order)they would be:
1. Being able to get a ton of places without ever driving a car. You can travel all over the city and everywhere I have gone, I have never driven in a car. It would be wonderful if I could do that back at home.
2. The bread. Ok, I know it sounds ridiculous but these Austrians really know what they are doing. American bakeries please take notice.
3. Exploring and discovering new things about the city every day. This trip has been full of adventures that have lead to many wonderful experiences - some examples include finding a huge park to go hiking in as well as running through the garden's of an old palace. Oh and you can't forget the little adventures,like finding all kinds of fun places to go shopping (or looking) or remembering when you witness your sister getting shut in a bus door.
4. Prague and Salzburg. These two cities were amazing. They were so different from one another. Salzburg was surrounded by the mountains giving it the most beautiful views and landscape. Prague was a city full of history due to it never getting ruined by bombings during the war. The winding roads and great shopping are defiantly worth coming back to see someday.
5. My host family. They are seriously the greatest. All three of them really took us in and made us feel at home. They have a new puppy too (which just tops everything off). I am going to miss them so much!!

And there are probably about 50 more things I could keep going on and on about but basically this has been the best experience in my life. I have learned so much about not only the other cultures around me but myself as well. I am so blessed to have had the chance to take this trip, with my wonderful sister and some close friends. It really made it that much more meaningful.

Well I need to get packing, I still haven't started yet -whoops! But pray for our safe travel home and SEE YOU IN THE STATES (where it is warm and not going to rain for 17 days in a row... hopefully).

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment